What is called the ‘King of Kebabs’, Chef Andy Bates has created the world’s most expensive kebab marking the launch of The Great Food Truck Race TV show celebrating street foods.
What makes this Kebab so extraordinary and $1200? The dish uses the saffron-infused flat bread, milk-fed lamb from the Pyrenees and edible gold. That is not all; this lavish and expensive Kebab gets the finishing touch with gold leaf and champagne-infused mint and cucumber yoghurt.
And what does the menu contains-
- Shoulder of milk-fed lamb – $135
- Coeur de Boeuf tomatoes – $32
- Micro Cress and Bibb Salad – $20
- Chili Peppers – $56
- Barrel Aged Feta Cheese – $87
- Laudemio Extra Virgin Olive Oil – $43
- Purple violet potatoes – $24
- Edible gold leaf and platinum – $208
- Saffron – $221
- Krug Champagne – $152
- Other ingredients (garlic, lemon, salsa, mint, cucumber, yoghurt) – $64