Traveler review site TripAdvisor has named a bed & breakfast (B&B) in a remote Scottish village as the best B&B in the world.
The Old Manse in Invermoriston, a village that sits on the banks of the famous Loch Ness, topped TripAdvisor’s list of the best B&B’s.
Described by TripAdvisor users as “like staying in your own stately home,” the property is set in woodland and large gardens and offers guests four-poster beds, private lounges and log-burning fires.
This coziness helped the Old Manse to finish above Casa Portagioia in Castiglion Fiorentino in Italy, which came in second, and Saltcote Place in Rye, East Sussex, which held third place.
In total, an impressive six of the B&Bs that made the top ten list were in the United Kingdom, with a further two in the United States, one in India and one in Italy.
The results were compiled using a combination of the site’s Popularity Index and traveler ratings of specific property attributes – AFPrelaxnews.
TripAdvisor’s list of world’s top 10 B&B
1. The Old Manse, (Invermoriston, Scotland)
2. Casa Portagioia, (Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy)
3. Saltcote Place (Rye, East Sussex, England)
4. Riverside Hotel (Ambleside, Cumbria, England)
5. Number One B&B (Deal, Kent, England)
6. The Twenty One (Brighton, East Sussex, England)
7. Sedona Views Bed and Breakfast (Sedona, USA)
8. Creston Villa Guest House (Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England)
9. Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast (San Juan Island, USA)
10. Saubhag Bed and Breakfast (New Delhi, India)